Monday, January 4, 2010

Genesis Publications to distribute brochure on Jimmy Page's pictorial autobiography; sign up to receive a copy


From Genesis Publications:
"Announcing a new career-spanning pictorial autobiography. Featuring a wealth of unseen photos from his own archive, Jimmy Page unveils his first official published work to be presented as a hand-crafted book, in a limited edition of only 2,500 copies worldwide.

"For more information, and to register your interest, please click here to submit an email to Genesis Publications. Please include your name and address to receive a complimentary brochure we will be sending in due course.

"Registrants will be offered the first chance to pre-order this new edition, ahead of publication and at a preferential rate.

"Thank you for your interest. We look forward to writing with further news."


Update: In an interview published in the February issue of Mojo magazine, Jimmy Page discusses his book project two years in the making. Here is an excerpt:
"I've seen Genesis books before, and I've really got a lot of time for the way they produce their books; they're really quality items. As someone who's been interested in having a library themselves, I appreciate fine bookbinding and the whole ethic of what they do and what they're trying to do with a whole catalogue of books. I was approached to do it, and I was into it.

"Anyway, I wanted to do something that started at the very beginning. I haven't got me with the very first guitar that I played because, just as it came into my life by accident, I don't really remember how it went out of my life. But everything after that is in there.

"It shows the first guitar that was bought, my first electric guitars, my first groups. It goes through The Yardbirds changes with the line-up when Jeff [Beck] was still there and when there was four of us. Then it goes through the whole of Led Zeppelin and the changing face of Led Zeppelin -- how we each change individually. It was 10 years, and 10 years is a long time. Looking at 1969 alone, I made a point of focusing on how fast things were moving.

"All of it is presented properly, and I hope it's interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated prior to publication. Comments will not be published if they are deemed vulgar, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.