Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Seventh report from fans in London

Michael traveled from Montreal to attend the Led Zeppelin reunion concert. When his night was finally over, he had a few words to send over the Internet:
It's 5 am Zulu time, finally back in my hotel room.

If I were to write a full, lengthy report right now, it would be gibberish. I'll save that for when I'm sober and lucid and back home in the suburbs of Montreal. Suffice to say it was everything we all hoped it would be x 10.

You know the setlist by now, I'm not going to scoop it for anyone. When Robert said "We need to do one last (?) great show..."--I don't know if it'll be the last, but oh, my Lord, it was Great.

If I had to pin it down to one song that did it for me, it'd be "Since I've
Been Lovin' You." Those of you who I've had the pleasure to get to know online and, in some cases, meet in person know that's my ultimate live Zep tune. And tonight, they brought it on home for me. That was when I got the goosebumps and my tears, they fell like rain.

In the words of Ahmet, "It is a great life, this life of music."

Michael wrote another update last night, supplying the top photo shown here:

Got back home a little earlier this evening, safe and sound and still blown away by what I and 20,000 or so other lucky souls from 50 countries had the privilege to experience for two hours in London, England, on December 10, 2007.

The other photos shown here are from Simon W. in the United Kingdom, who supplied the photos taken Sunday just before the soundcheck, including the pictures of the line that had formed of hardcore fans willing to camp out overnight. Here's word from one of the fans shown in those pictures, another guy named Michael:

That was me in the front of the line in the pics of fans queuing for the show (the guy from Nebraska who is working on his doctorate in music, blue jacket and proudly wearing my dress rehearsal pass as well).

I had front row between Robert and Jimmy and close enough to get some great photos all night. I'll post them on picasa and send the link to you all next week. It was a great experience, like you have been hearing.

I spoke to Robert's assistant today at the airport who was also heading back home to Nashville and he said the guys in the band thought it was an ok show, but mentioned that the crowd was a bit disappointing and lackluster. (I agree, but I genuinely think we were all in a but of shock and awe seeing this happening before our eyes.) Anyway, there is my viewpoint of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated prior to publication. Comments will not be published if they are deemed vulgar, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.