Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fifth report from fans in London

Simon K. from the U.K., who supplied the photos used here and is seen on the right in the photo to the right, has sent me the following thoughts from the concert experience:

What a gig!
I have seen many, many bands over the years including Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Guns n' Roses, Metallica etc. etc. etc.
But nothing else comes close ........... this really was the mother of them all!
In the front, centre stage, standing who could possibly ask for more.
Still dazed and confused by the whole experience but nonetheless proud and privileged to be part of history. Outstanding!

Nech from New York provided the following:

Music. Life. The love of life and music. The love of your family, friends, and people you don't even know.... it is a wonderful thing indeed.

I discovered many things about myself and people around me tonight. I'm not gonna go and start a whole University Professor discourse here, but it is the joy of dancing round without boundaries that really breaks down all boundaries between people.

Over the past 2 days, I have met folks from Australia to California, downtowns to uptowns, young tweens wearing brand spanking new repro ’77 tour shirts to grey haired grandfathers wearing their original ’73-80 stretched out over their bellies shirts. All had one thing in common...the love of good music. The love of Led Zeppelin.

The Song does indeed remain the same.

It's pushing 6 am my local time at the moment. Yeah, body clock think's it's only 12 but, I feel as awake as I ever will be. This wasn't just a weekend of Zep, this was a weekend of great music all around brought to us by the late great Ahmet, and the musicians that created it. And if they themselves weren't around, their kin, their spirits, filled the air with magic, and wonderful, wonderful , my wonderful one, noise. Noise that make this guy you all simply know as Nech...Dance. Yes Dance. Dancing Days were here again.

I will go into more details next post, but in this one I just was trying to convey my gut feelings before delirium sets in. No sleep and no food (except a Thai chicken wing breakfast ) make me a bit woozy.

My family knows the true joys of my heart. It's the joy they bring me. But for this weekend I enjoyed truly what it means to be a rock and not to roll...
After Nech wrote this, he responded to an e-mail that asked, "Why do I get the feeling this was the best Zeppelin show ever?" Nech replied:

Because it was.

It really was.

06:24 and I'm still awake...reelin' in the feeling.

I wish ALL of you could've been here. What a joy to see THEIR joy.

This needs to be shared properly with the whole music world....not via youtube or any really compressed and beyond distorted clip from my pos camera I can provide.

Release the dogs....I mean ...oh you know what I mean....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated prior to publication. Comments will not be published if they are deemed vulgar, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.